Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced South Sudanese professionals to fill one full-time Food Security Monitor (FSM) position in Bor, South Sudan. The successful candidate will report to the FEWS NET Food Security Specialist (FSS) for South Sudan, under the overall supervision of FEWS NET’s National Technical Manager (NTM) for South Sudan.
The main activities of the FSM in Bor include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor and provide monthly updates on status or changes in various food security indicators which include:
• Changes in key food sources, depending on the month or season
• Changes in prices of staple foods and livestock
• Changes in climatic conditions
• Flows of key staples into markets
• Collect information to support analysis of reasons for abnormal changes in food security indicators and provide associated monthly updates both verbally and in writing.
• With the support of the FEWS NET South Sudan FSS and NTM, collaborate with FEWS NET partners on relevant food security activities in select areas of the country.
• Participate in seasonal meetings which include formal and informal training on food security topics, evaluation of food security monitoring progress, and discussion of challenges experienced and potential solutions.
• Participate in and debrief the FEWS NET South Sudan FSS and, as requested, NTM on results of food security coordination meetings located in the FSM’s coverage area.
• Disseminate FEWS NET monthly reports to state offices and report any feedback.
• Participate in food security assessments, crop assessments, and/or other inter-agency emergency assessments in the assigned coverage area and/or other areas, as requested.
• Collaborate with relevant food security offices at the State level, including: CLiMIS, MAF, MARF, SSRRC, IPC focal points, and Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster (FSL-C) members.
• Liaise with USAID monitors and WFP food security monitoring systems teams, as needed.
• Complete other related tasks as assigned.
Interested candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter to: https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/southsudan_fsm_bor by June 28, 2018.